A deployment of strategic telework touches many aspects of an organization. It is our goal to build relationships with organizations at the local, regional and national levels so that our clients have access to an integrated team of experts. TCR is seeking organizations that wish to evolve the Telework Deployment Program and collaborate for the purpose of supporting organizations in their efforts to establish strategic deployments of telework. Whether you choose
we need your involvement!
Some of the applicable expertise would include:
- Facility Planners/Space Designers- assist with delineating the space types and configurations, the space conversion schedules, the home office configuration etc.
- Management Consultants- assist with policy development, evolution of the "corporate culture",
- IT System Consultants- ensuring that the network is capable of supporting the various types and numbers of telework configurations and that the network's capacity is properly scaled during the process
- Human Resource Consultants- evolving the "job class" within the organization, supporting the training program, refining the evaluation process and employee evaluation process
- Business Continuity Planners- as appropriate, design a business recovery process based upon the telework-work force.
- Transportation Planners- incorporate telework as part of the Regional TDM program and consider the long-term consequences of the various telecommuting applications. Employees prefer telework to all traditional transit modes so let's work with the market and apply that which is desired, economically attractive and quickly deployable.
We also believe that we have unique capabilities that may prove valuable to your efforts as well. If you agree, please:
When a client asks you about how to plan for remote access, virtual work or telework, do you have an answer? If not, TCR has a program that will help. Using a modified form of the Telework Deployment Program (TDP) TCR can provide you with the tools to facilitate discussion with your clients to determine the:
...and a whole lot more.
- number of potential "job classes" that COULD engage in telework
- technologic requirements to support those workers that are deployed as teleworkers
- perceptions about the role that telework may play in Business Continuity
- types of workers that they employ- TCR's Worker Typology quantifies the number of workers in each type and the best deployment strategy.
- What a deployment might mean to your client's bottom line
- How should the various types of job classes be supported i.e., with what products and services?
- the on-site staffing ratios,
Whether you are a facilities or systems planner, a human resource or continuity Planning advocate, a management consultant or futurist, TCR's TAPP Assessment can provide a priceless insight to the issues you may soon be facing.
Partners have access to:
- Annual Report- annual telework report and a local profile of your telework clients.
- Access TCR Data Base- Access to the Data Base allows you to inquire about trends, "Best Practices" and deployment specific issues.
- e-Consensus Forum- sponsored employees will have full access to all TCR sessions including the detailed and summarized responses of each forum. In addition, partners may suggest forums that would facilitate greater telework implementation. See the e-Consensus section on the menu for more information
- The Coach- The Coach is a knowledge management system designed to help you understand telecommuting and how best to leverage it so that you can meet your community goals/
- The Data Exchange- the Data Exchange consisting of a series of research collection and dissemination opportunities for individuals to document their teleworking experiences and aspirations. It will serve as a catalyst for topics to be addressed via the Coach, The Mindset, the e-Consensus Forums, etc.
- Newsletter- An electronic newsletter beginning in 2004