A strategic deployment of telework accomplishes two things for product and service providers that are interested in serving the telework marketplace:
With the paucity of existing statistics on telework and the other telecommuting applications, TCR seeks to create a comparative base of information on the level of both regional and employer deployments. By understanding the profile of the various telework configurations, manufacturers and service providers will better understand how to position their offerings.
- Standardizes the Telework Configuration so that you can drop ship equipment or establish services based upon the number of teleworkers being deployed each quarter, and
- Provides a context for investing in those products and services with the capability of mitigating barriers to a broader deployment of telework
TCR is looking for companies that are interested both in serving this market and in advancing the technologic advancement of their communities. If you are interested in partnering with TCR, please:
The telework market has been difficult to serve primarily because of the manner in which it has typically been implemented. TCR's Telework Deployment Plan (TDP) has taken a more strategic approach the output of which is a multi-year deployment plan based upon the Telework Configuration. Such a plan means that:
If you manufacture or represent products and services that support a strategic telework deployment, you will want them listed in the TeleWork Configuration Data Base classified according to the following:
- predictable orders will come in each and every quarter;
- you will have a focal point for introducing new products; and
- your upgrade path will be predefined.
As part of the Deployment plan development, clients will be able to download products and services based upon certain parameters. This data will be integrated into a format for the modeling screen process. By becoming a partner and registering your products and services, clients will be able to select them without having to enter all of the data. A clear advantage for you!
- Information Systems
- Barrier Mitigations
- Business Continuity
- Delivery & Support Services
In addition, partners will be able to access:
If you believe your company would benefit from participating, please:
- TCR's Telework Data Base- The Data Base will not be available until sufficient data has been generated for analysis and to protect confidential information. Once reached pre-defined inquiries will access the data base so that you can better understand the:
- telework configuration decisions,
- which type of barrier mitigations are being selected and much more, and it will
- allow you to inquire about trends, "Best Practices" and deployment specific issues.
- Annual Report- annual telework report and a local profile of your telework clients.
- e-Consensus Forum- sponsored employees will have full access to all TCR sessions including the detailed and summarized responses of each forum. In addition, partners may suggest forums that would facilitate greater telework implementation. See the e-Consensus section on the menu for more information
- The Coach- The Coach is a knowledge management system designed to help you understand telecommuting and how best to leverage it so that you can meet your community goals/
- The Data Exchange- the Data Exchange consisting of a series of research collection and dissemination opportunities for individuals to document their teleworking experiences and aspirations. It will serve as a catalyst for topics to be addressed via the Coach, The Mindset, the e-Consensus Forums, etc.
- Newsletter- An electronic newsletter beginning in 2004